1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Draw_Shape Functions Incorrect

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Ragster, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Ragster

Ragster Member

So I'm having a problem drawing shapes. Some of the positioning is off, looking at the image below and the code corresponding to it. The top 2 bars are being drawn twice as large due to a setting in-game. The bottom 2 bars are being drawn at regular 1:1 size. As you can see the lines in the middle are sometimes 1 pixel off, yet the code draws each line similarly. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this.

error.png

The script that draws health bars:
    Code:
    /// interface_bar(x,y,w,h,color,segments,length)
    var seg = argument2/(max(argument5,1));
    var c1 = merge_colour(argument4,0,0.4);
    var c2 = merge_colour(argument4,0,0.8);
    draw_rectangle_colour(argument0,argument1,argument0+argument2-1,argument1+argument3-1,c1,c1,c1,c1,false);
    draw_rectangle_colour(argument0,argument1,argument0+(argument2*clamp(argument6,0,1))-1,argument1+argument3-1,argument4,argument4,argument4,argument4,false);
    draw_rectangle_colour(argument0,argument1,argument0+argument2-1,argument1+argument3-1,c2,c2,c2,c2,true);
    for (var i = 1; i < argument5; i++) draw_line_colour(argument0+(i*seg),argument1-1,argument0+(i*seg),argument1+argument3-1,c2,c2);
    The object that draws the bars, in the Draw GUI event:
    Code:
    interface_bar((global.gui_width*0.5)-225,global.gui_height-8,450,5,interface_color_secondary,8,content.save[?"player.health"]);
    interface_bar((global.gui_width*0.5)-225,global.gui_height-17,450,5,interface_color_primary,8,content.save[?"player.energy"]);
    The object that sets the GUI size from a user setting:
    Code:
    global.gui_scale = content.data[?"config.video.interface_scale"];
    global.gui_width = floor(global.display_width/global.gui_scale);
    global.gui_height = floor(global.display_height/global.gui_scale);
    display_set_gui_maximise(global.gui_scale,global.gui_scale);

2. Ido-f

Ido-f Member

Maybe you changed the gui scale but didn't adjust the x-offset?
    That would make the hard-coded -225 wrong.