HTML5 DRAW!! - WESTERN THEMED CARD GAME

Coded Games

This topic is a duplicate and was requested to be closed! Please post feedback and suggestions here:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/draw-western-themed-card-game-update-3.722/

Sorry about that.

Description:

DRAW!! is an western themed card game where you are tasked with building different decks to defeat many different outlaws! Each enemy has unique decks and mechanics so you must construct your deck to capitalize on their weaknesses.

How to Play:

Click and drag a card up (until it glows yellow) to play it or drag it down (until it glows red) to redraw a new card. Click and hold on a card to get more information about it.

Features:
  • 10 different Outlaws to battle.
  • 16 unique cards to collect.
  • Thousands of deck combinations!

Play in your browser: www.codedgames.com/games/draw
Update 1:
  • Changed starting text when on desktop to "Swipe Left or Scroll Down to Play".
  • Cards now move around faster. This should make it easier to both play and discard cards.
  • A message will now pop up telling you that you have already discarded a card when trying to discard more than one per turn.
  • Fixed Favicon and Apple Icon.
  • Added a hover to the Start Game button.

Last edited:

Coded Games

Just released the largest update for the game yet! A brand new game mode called DUEL!! After getting 3 stars on a Outlaw you unlock the DUEL!! level for that Outlaw. In this new mode you are given a pre-made deck to battle the Outlaw with! These decks are all unique to each outlaw and are meant to highlight specific game mechanics, strategies, cards that you may not have unlocked yet, and put a spin on the gameplay. These levels are meant to be extremely difficult and will take many tries to complete.

In other news:
  • Lowered the amount of lives Pete has from 5 to 3. After looking at statistics I found a lot of people actually lose the first time fighting Pete.
  • Fixed a formatting error in Issac's text.
  • Added a message explaining how to unlock DUEL!! levels in Pete's text.
  • Added "You have already discarded a card this turn" message when trying to discard more than one card per turn.
If you find any bugs in or just have feedback about DUEL!! levels please let me know. Thanks for playing and I hope you enjoy them!

Last edited:

Coded Games

Released an update that has two major features. The first being pages that you can scroll on (level select and deck builder) now have an indicator at the bottom showing what page you are on. The second update is when you start the game now it will ask if you want to enable sound, this way you can now play without that. Other than that I've made some more optimizations that should make the game run smoother on older devices.

Also, If you've had a chance to play any of the DUEL!! levels I'm still looking for feedback on them. How did you play? Are they too difficult/easy? Did you think they were fun?

Conbeef

First off, this is a very fun game. I can see where this can easily top any game app on the appstore/playstore, if you'd release it there. I love the game's mechanics!
Secondly, the duel is hard :( . I don't get the "new cards" card. Just gives me a load of useless plays. Am I doing something wrong? I retried like 5times and ended up with the same results(duel vs predictable Pete BTW).
Lastly, I'd suggest adding multiplayer to this :p. I would love kicking my gf's ass >:) . The turn based style should be easy on the networking and implementing the multiplayer system shouldn't be difficult (IMO at least).

Ps. Seriously, that duel battle u_u I can't pass.

Coded Games

First off, this is a very fun game. I can see where this can easily top any game app on the appstore/playstore, if you'd release it there. I love the game's mechanics!
Secondly, the duel is hard :( . I don't get the "new cards" card. Just gives me a load of useless plays. Am I doing something wrong? I retried like 5times and ended up with the same results(duel vs predictable Pete BTW).
Lastly, I'd suggest adding multiplayer to this :p. I would love kicking my gf's ass >:) . The turn based style should be easy on the networking and implementing the multiplayer system shouldn't be difficult (IMO at least).

Ps. Seriously, that duel battle u_u I can't pass.
Glad that you like the game! Adding multiplayer has been requested a few times and I've thought about it. Unfortunately there isn't any great multiplayer solutions for HTML5. So if I were to add multiplayer it would only be in a native application, which is unlikely to happen also.

Duel levels are mean to be extremely difficult so if you haven't beat the other Outlaws first I would suggest doing that first. Anyway, I'll give you a few hints:

Beating the DUEL!! against Pete really requires you to know how the "New Cards" card works. The card reads "Add 5 random cards to your deck. Shuffle your deck." On Pete's fight you are given a deck of 20 of these cards. Since you only have 5 health you need to get past these cards as fast as possible. To do that I recommend playing a New Cards and then burning them (drag the card down) every turn until you get a hand of actually useful cards. Then the fight plays out like normal. Hopefully you noticed Pete's pattern: Dodge, Shoot, Dodge, Shoot, Dodge, etc. Knowing all of that should make the fight rather easy.

Also, I requested that this topic be closed since my topic in the WIP subform is a lot more popular. If you could post your responses over there that would be great! :D
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/draw-western-themed-card-game-update-3.722/