Legacy GM Draw text issues.

N

Nony

When I use the draw_text_transformed_colour(), sometimes, there's a bit of text that cut off at the bottom.

In the picture I attached, you can see it the most under the '0's.

I'm using an free use font called Roboto, and this is the call I'm using:

roboto = font_add("Roboto-Black.ttf", 26, false, false, 32, 128);

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

B

Blackened

The size of the font are measured in pixels specifically for *.ttf fonts. Perhaps 26 pixels is not a valid size for the font so you will get clipping? If there are suggested sizes for the font, I would suggest testing one of those to see if that is indeed the cause.

N

Nony

Thank you for the quick reply, I'll let you know how it goes.

N

Nony

Is there any way to add anti-aliasing to the draw text? The text can be so fuzzy.

B

Blackened

The Anti-Aliasing drop box allows you to specify the level of anti-aliasing applied to the font. There are 4 levels from 0 to 3. You will currently have to run the game in order to see the fully anti-aliased font. (If you are using GMS2 Im not sure offhand, I'll have to check later, but otherwise this is true for GMS 1.4xx and legacy versions.)

Also, you might want to uncheck "interpolate colors between pixels" if you don't want blur in your game globally, which can be done in the global games tab under "windows" (if you are using windows) and the side "graphics" tab.