• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Draw sprite to asset layer with code

• Thread starter WhisperingSpider
  • Start date
W

WhisperingSpider

Hopefully I'm just missing something simple in the documentation, but how do you draw a sprite to an asset layer in code? I'm trying to draw the sprite of an enemy corpse after the death animation plays, and I just can't figure out how to do this. I'm looking for a one-and-done like drawing tiles to the tile layer, where they remain indefinitely after adding them, and not something I have to continue drawing every step like the draw_sprite requires.

Thanks in advance, hopefully!

Slyddar

No one ever answered this. So does anyone know if this is even possible? Can you place asset's on the asset layer manually at runtime?