• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Draw resolution?

L

Luke Norton

I'm having a score drawn with text on the GUI along with some other stuff to make it look pretty, but it's always coming out just slightly pixelated (enough that it's noticeable and doesn't look too good).

Have scoured the internet but there seems to be nothing on this. Are there any draw functions to resolve this? I'm thinking anti-alias; or is it a simple matter of increasing view sizes/limits of my display?

Reign

It would help if you uploaded a picture or gave more information. The answer can vary depending on your resolution, if it's being scaled, etc.

Kyon

I'm actually resizing the application surface to match display_get_width() and that helps with GUI problems (and with vector problems)
There is something wrong with the automatic-resizing of the surface when going full screen.