• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 DRAW!! ONLINE MULTIPLAYER BETA

Coded Games

I haven't yet made the opportunity to play DUEL!! (yay, you liked my idea! heheh), nor have I opened the game in awhile to see your other changes, but you're on my list. $:^ ] In fact, I really want to see how "DRAW!!" plays on my widescreen monitor in Portrait Mode $:^ b but I need to get another mouse for that to be any fun I expect.

On another note, a quote from this subforum's guidelines:

Regards,
Thanks for making me aware of that! I've contacted mods to get this topic moved and the topic I made in Made with GameMaker removed as that one is much less active. Plus, I'd like to keep all of the responses in this one.

Anyways, I will be releasing an update today that fixes a bug with The Gang. Right now you can press the back button and change your deck between fights which is not supposed to be allowed.

It's funny, I said a while ago that the game was done but that never seems to actually be true. You are never done with your game.

Conbeef

There is a solution to networking in html5, just saying. Have you ever heard of socket.io? You can make a HTML server with that. There's also a game maker tutorial using it(that i cant find atm x_x ....kinda old/using the old version of socket.io, but when I used it I updated the files and script and it worked perfectly).
I'll probably make a tutorial one of these days, because multiplayer html5 games in game maker studio is seemingly "hard"/"impossible" to have by lots of people.

PS: the server is in JavaScript. Which isn't hard to learn. In matter of fact, It's really similar to gml. Very basic syntax; all you'll mostly have to be doing is passing values anyways.

Coded Games

There is a solution to networking in html5, just saying. Have you ever heard of socket.io? You can make a HTML server with that. There's also a game maker tutorial using it(that i cant find atm x_x ....kinda old/using the old version of socket.io, but when I used it I updated the files and script and it worked perfectly).
I'll probably make a tutorial one of these days, because multiplayer html5 games in game maker studio is seemingly "hard"/"impossible" to have by lots of people.

PS: the server is in JavaScript. Which isn't hard to learn. In matter of fact, It's really similar to gml. Very basic syntax; all you'll mostly have to be doing is passing values anyways.
People have also suggested using Node.js. I know a fair amount of Javascript and I'm sure I can figure out whatever I'd need to. I just don't know if it would be worth the time investment for a feature that might not actually be used that much. First of all for multiplayer to work I'd need enough people playing the game, and people playing the game regularly. That probably wouldn't actually be that difficult because I'd easily get thousands of players if I released the game on sites like Kongregate, Newgrounds, etc. The main problem is I'd need to make quite a few more cards to make more deck variety and have them be balanced. That's probably going to be more difficult.

I don't know though, I can see it being a lot of fun to make and definitely would learn a lot from it since it would be my first multiplayer game that would actually get released. I'll think about it some more. If you come up with a good multiplayer solution for HTML5 definitely let me know, I would really be interested in it.

Coded Games

Released the next update! This update features no gameplay changes but features a lot of aesthetic ones. The text that pops up during the intro animations now flies on and off of the screen. Along with a new animation for stars appearing after you finish a fight. Along with that, the much requested feature for more elaborate death animations have been added. There are 5 different ones that play randomly. Those are the main new features, check out the change log on the first post to read about everything.

Also, I've added tips to the first post for some of the Outlaws if you get stuck. That should make them a lot easier.

Coded Games

Released a minor update that fixes the iOS 10.3 touch bug and also fixed a bug where the "You have already discarded a card this turn" message would appear by just tapping a card.

Coded Games

Absolutely MASSIVE update coming soon! (I even debated releasing it as an entirely new game).

Definite New Features:
* A bunch of new cards featuring lots of new mechanics.
* Many tweaks to original cards.
* Many of the Outlaws and Duels have been tweaked to feature new cards.
* Outlaws now have dialog during fights. These chats give more personality to characters and hints to defeat them.
* A new progression system to unlock these new cards.
* ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. Duel your friends and other people online!

Possible Features:
* A draft based online mode where you create a deck from a random set of cards.

If you are interested in testing please let me know! I'll have a beta available soon.

Teaser video of some of the new cards (WIP):

Coded Games

A lot of progress on the DRAW!! 2.0 update. More new cards and online multiplayer is becoming more stable. Here is a teaser of one of the new cards!

I'm also at the point where I'd like to have a closed beta out soon to see how the game can handle people further away. If you're interested in trying the game PM me here or email [email protected] and I'll let you know when I get a build of the game out. The game is still running in HTML5 so it should work on anything!

N

Necavare

This is really cool man it reminds me of a western duel game that i used to play with friends on my old ipod touch. Brings back some memories nice job.