GameMaker Draw Begin does not work

A

AlexMdle

I'd like to preface this thread by stating that I have checked thoroughly, down to changing the room background color to see if there is any overlapping issues. I can rule that out.

Draw Begin event simply does not draw. It executes any debug code I put in there, but draw code does not seem to execute. I do not know what could be causing this.

Relic

Dang. Check the usual suspects of what the alpha setting is, what the image_alpha is, whether the visibility is true

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
A

AlexMdle

Background layer seems like a very likely culprit. How do I go about it?

Edit: Mind, all drawing in the game is done using draw functions. I dont think backgrounds are used at all.

A

AlexMdle

Alright, found out that disabling both backgrounds in the room editor shows the draw begin sprites. Now I just need some way to draw background color without using background. This wasn't an issue in GMS 1.4, is there a way to replicate it in GMS2?

samspade

It probably depends upon what you are trying to accomplish by having the sprites draw at sprite begin. What's the end goal?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Alright, found out that disabling both backgrounds in the room editor shows the draw begin sprites. Now I just need some way to draw background color without using background. This wasn't an issue in GMS 1.4, is there a way to replicate it in GMS2?
Have a layer under everything else in the room and place a controller instance in that layer. Then use the draw begin event of the controller object to draw a rectangle over the room...

A

AlexMdle

Have a layer under everything else in the room and place a controller instance in that layer. Then use the draw begin event of the controller object to draw a rectangle over the room...
That sadly feels like the most feasible solution.