• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE drag end event not firing

Pfap

Hello, I was playing around with the gesture events today; really trying to get a thorough understanding of them, so I can eventually implement smooth touch controls. I ended up with a snake like game accidentally, because the drag end event won't fire.

I'm using all the default configurations and not changing anything with gesture_drag_time or the other functions.

The code I have works fine in the drag start and dragging events, but in my drag end event I have this:
show_debug_message("drag end");
and it never fires upon release.

I'm using the new 2.1.4 update, but never really played around with the gesture events before.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If the other two are firing burt the End event isn't, then that would suggest a bug... So please file a report and include a link to a test project that shows the issue if you can.

Pfap

Ok, I switched to the previous runtime then did some more coding then switched back.... maybe it was my problem. It is working fine now and I'll remember your response for future issues.

Does anybody know if you can just dump a Gamemaker export into your servers /www index and include a link??

rIKmAN

Oh, I was wondering about the .yyz files. I guess I should just try it, lol.
.yyz files are exported GMS2 project files, and would require the person downloading it to own GMS2 to be able to open it (the trial doesn't support importing .yyz files).

If you want people to be able to play it, export an exe and upload the files in a zip/rar archive, or export to HTML5 if you own it to be able to have it played in a browser.

Pfap

.yyz files are exported GMS2 project files, and would require the person downloading it to own GMS2 to be able to open it (the trial doesn't support importing .yyz files).

If you want people to be able to play it, export an exe and upload the files in a zip/rar archive, or export to HTML5 if you own it to be able to have it played in a browser.
Yes, I'm only talking about getting a test project over to the people at Yoyo in the case of submitting a link to a project that is exhibiting a bug. Nothing to do with distribution, just a test project that would need to be opened in the IDE.

rIKmAN

Yes, I'm only talking about getting a test project over to the people at Yoyo in the case of submitting a link to a project that is exhibiting a bug. Nothing to do with distribution, just a test project that would need to be opened in the IDE.
Yeah that's fine then, just export a yyz and host it somewhere and provide them with the link. :)