• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Drag & Drop Feature QoL Request

A

Akuma no Tsubasa

Hello there!

I am currently fiddling around with the trial version of GMS2 and so far it looks quite nice and I like what I see, but I have one thing that really blocks me from having a bigger and better experience.
In the Drag & Drop System, the block alignment is really bad and weird.

1. Everything is just plopped down on one line, making it hard to create a flow that you can follow. It would be a REAL help if you could put the blocks where ever you want them, to create visual flows and blocks of features. After some time those rows get so long and impossible to have an overview and you get completely lost, especially when something snaps to a different block and lands somewhere you don't know.

2. There are 2 core types of connections. One is the flow, which you connect to the bottom and one is a feature/grabber that you connect from the right side. Yet the line always starts from the bottom. It would be really helpful if the line starts from the side where you connect the blocks, so you have a much better overview on what block does what instantly.

thanks a lot!

A

Akuma no Tsubasa

Hmm am I really the only one that would like a bit more block freedom?