Drag and Drop TO GML?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by 1ArmedGeek, Oct 30, 2016.

1. 1ArmedGeek

1ArmedGeek Guest

I did a game using mostly Drag and Drop because I was new to GameMaker. However, I would love to work in what I have already in GML.

I know Drag and Drop is just turned into GML for GameMaker, but is it feasible to convert everything, so that ***I*** could work with it?

2. kirkkaf13

kirkkaf13 Guest

You can use a combination of both drag and drop events and GML scripts, or just rewrite your events in GML for the purpose of learning. Is it feasible? That can only be decided by you and if you think you will benefit from it. Nothing than that, I am not really sure what you are asking.

Kirk

3. Gaspode

Gaspode Guest

Sounds like 1ArmedGeek wants their existing DnD work converted to GML automatically? I don't know any way to achieve that but I'm relatively new myself.

4. Never Mind

Never Mind Member

Yeah the question doesn't seem very clear..
    But if you didn't already know, DnD actions are written out in an objects "Information About" text file. Looky here:

[​IMG]

See those two little drag and drop actions up there in the right? They're written out in the text under the Create Event:
    It's not code, but it would be good practice to study the lines and figure out how to convert them.
    Just remember to look up key words in the manual! ;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  5. 1ArmedGeek

1ArmedGeek Guest

You are correct. I have what *I* consider a significant amount of work already done with Drag and Drop, but I want to switch to using GML.

6. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

Blackened likes this.
  7. 1ArmedGeek

1ArmedGeek Guest

Cool! I will check it out. Thanks.