• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual Drag and Drop - Physics Collisions - GMS2

S

Sparckman

GM Version: Game Maker Studio 2
Target Platform: ALL
Download: N/A
Links: N/A

Summary:
Hey there guys, this video tutorial is an introduction to physics objects in GMS2. This is a drag and drop tutorial so there is no code for this. The tutorial covers how to enable physics in a room, apply it to objects and how to handle physics collisions.

Tutorial:
Game maker studio 2 drag and drop: physics collision ( no coding )

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is a reasonable introduction to basic physics capability in GM Studio, using the action icons (drag-and-drop). For users who already understand the concepts of sprite and object creation, events, rooms, etc., it should be easy to follow. It's surprising how capable Studio's drag-and-drop (DnD) capability is -- compared to earlier versions of GameMaker.

But creating complex physics worlds with DnD is still rather limited compared to GML code. So I would encourage DnD users to begin learning GML if they want to use more complex physics functions.

D

Darton

This is a reasonable introduction to basic physics capability in GM Studio, using the action icons (drag-and-drop). For users who already understand the concepts of sprite and object creation, events, rooms, etc., it should be easy to follow. It's surprising how capable Studio's drag-and-drop (DnD) capability is -- compared to earlier versions of GameMaker.

But creating complex physics worlds with DnD is still rather limited compared to GML code. So I would encourage DnD users to begin learning GML if they want to use more complex physics functions.
I have been trying to find a way to learn GML. do you know anywhere I can learn GML?