• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

DPC Watchdog Violation

W

Wraithious

Hi, so for the last several months I've been getting this DPC Watchdog Violation, it shuts down the computer (I'm on windows 10, Dell 4 core laptop) and is very annoying to say the least, I've gone online and tried several of the 'fixes' but nothing works, all my drivers are updated, I thought it was caused by leaving cd's in the drive, nope. I thought my old usb cabled mouse was to blame so i bought a wireless one, nope. Does anyone here know what causes this? It occurs most often after windows updates. As good practice I normally close out the object forms in my game and immediatly save my work when I've gotten something working well in my games but other times I'll be in the middle of something and bam! dpc strikes again! it's possibly the most annoying thing in most annoying thing HISTORY!!!

W

Wraithious

Ok I ran it, took 5 1/2 hrs then I query'd it with the run command fsutil query c: , it said c is NOT dirty. hopefully it found and fixed something and just isn't telling me, I'll post here again if the problem happens again

W

Wraithious

Well the problem still persists, just got shut down again by DPC Watchdog, anyone have any other solutions? in the meantime I'm going to contact microsoft and see what they say, this is rediculous, this time i was running my game when it happened, last time I was watching u tube, the time before that all programs were closed and the lid on my laptop was shut so there's no rhyme or reason this continues to happen

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you checked the temperatures of your various components? Specifically CPU/GPU? Could be that it's overheating and forcing a shutdown like that...

W

Wraithious

Have you checked the temperatures of your various components? Specifically CPU/GPU? Could be that it's overheating and forcing a shutdown like that...
Yep, it even happens sometimes right after startup, my fan works normally and mostly blows out cool air, none of the vents are blocked or plugged up, I submitted a report with mini dump crash files to microsoft and included all my laptop info, hopefully they will have a solution