• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Download for Desktop or Web?

D

darkmatter14

Hello,
Is it best to install game maker for desktop or web? What are the pros and cons please? Also my brother wants to use it for a game design competition - which version would be able to be submitted or would both work. Thank You :)

G

I don't have either, but my impression from reading the forums obsessively for the past two months is that the HTML5 export is not stable and brings a lot of headaches with it. I considered buying it initially too, thinking I could just click my game out to be played on the web (for design and balance playtesting), but all I see are complaints.

D

darkmatter14

Thanks Justice, we went with the desktop version. Just learning ATM - I think I will need to also read these threads obsessively!