• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Double tap does not work

G

Giulian Almeida

Testing in windows works normal, but on my cell phone I have to press several times until at some point it works. What can it be?

csanyk

Sounds like it is something with the mobile build target, not your code. Without seeing your code, that's tough to say for sure, but since it's working fine on one build target and not another, it seems likely.

I don't make games for Android or iOS, but have has similar frustration with detecting mouse clicks reliably in HTML5 builds of some of my games, with certain web browsers. I don't know that anything can be done, other than file bug reports to YoYo to look into the issue.

On the off chance that it is a problem with your code, you might try having a look at my Mouse Double Click asset, available for free in the Marketplace. It provides the basic functionality for detecting two mouse clicks within a short timespan. Screen taps on mobile are handled like a mouse event, if I am not mistaken, so you could either directly use my asset, and hope it works, or you might be able to get something out of looking at my code and figure out your own way to do it.

https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/1955/mouse-double-click

GMWolf

aka fel666
What double click doesn't work?
Are you talking about the double tap event? Or the right click event? Or actually two left mouse button events?

On mobile platforms, GM will collect double taps into a single, right click event.
If you want your double taps to register as two distinct taps, you need to deactivate that behaviour using device_mouse_dbclick_enable

G

Giulian Almeida

What double click doesn't work?
Are you talking about the double tap event? Or the right click event? Or actually two left mouse button events?

On mobile platforms, GM will collect double taps into a single, right click event.
If you want your double taps to register as two distinct taps, you need to deactivate that behaviour using device_mouse_dbclick_enable
Thanks man, I put the mouse_dbclick_enable to 0 and now its work :)