• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Double clicking a resource is not responsive

D1Project

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the good work! All my feedback and suggestions have been taken into account and solved up to now! They may not be specifically for my feedback but it's great to see GMS2 getting better and better.

I've noticed that double-clicking on a resource is not always responsive to open it or focus on it (when already opened). Could this be fixed? I sometimes have to click on those 3-4 times.

Thanks

csanyk

I've noticed this as well, with some curiosity and frustration, but I haven't taken the time to report it.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I suspect that you need to change the Preference settings on the timing for double clicking as the current settings do not meet your needs.

We recognised that these settings are very personal and we have this setting just for this scenario.

Russell

H

Hieran_Del8

(From General Settings->Input->Slow...) Thanks, this fixed my problem! But I don't understand what this means: "Slow double-click time in milliseconds". I'm guessing this is setting the window of time for a double-click to happen? If so, I would understand it better as something like "The time in milliseconds to allow double-clicking." Thanks again!

I had to change this as well, as double click to open worked on the icons, but not the name, no matter how fast I tried. changing this value solved the problem immediately, but I'm still wondering why it didn't work at all with the default value, since it's not that small of a number.