• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Dots Universe - Connect the dots with a twist

M

Moar.Of.Me

big banner.jpg

Dots Universe, connect the dots with a twist game is now out in the Google Play!

Every level has a hidden image which is much more complex than the ones in other similar games. Also every level has multiple lines meaning harder levels and inability to clearly tell what is the whole picture until the level is almost saved.

111.jpg 222.jpg 333.jpg 444.jpg

It's my first game. Earned lots of experience on it. Some useful info:

• FPS drops when lots of dots is shown on the screen because each dot was a separate object. Solved this by drawing all of them on one surface on zoom out. Couldn't do this on zoomed in game because actual level size s around 30k x 40k pixels.
  • The watercolor effect was made with FotoSketcher. The problem is that sometimes it outputs JPEGs which work on PC, but when drawn on android, the game crashes without any message.
  • Started developing the game a year ago long before any similar games were present in the store, but had to trash 80% of the gameplay and start over the design part. Early gameplay alowed to draw lines in any order and between any two points. Player could use the eraser to fix his mistakes. Tested it on living humans just to see them struggling to get past the tutorial. The gameflow should be as smooth as possible so I've trashed most of the gameplay and started over, thus getting late to the market already full of similar games.
  • Deadlines! Going to have hard deadlines on my next project. No deadlines means the game will be ready when it's done. And it's too late.
I'd like to receive any questions, feedback and criticism, but 5 star ratings are always better )