• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Don't work copy-paste-cut on Insert/delete buttons

fireday2

Don't work Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert, Shift+Delete - Why??
Much of programmers actively use it!
I cant work without this shortcuts. Why i need to move my hand twice if i can do it without moving ??

how long to wait the shortcuts ?

p.s. for those who have no clue
under the insert are "arrows", "home,end,pageup/down" to quickly highlight parts of the code and

Last edited:
I

icuurd12b42

ctrl/shift+ins/del what are you 50? ;)

cftrl+x/c/v is clumsy compared to the old standard. I can literally bash my keyboard with my right hand to copy and paste instead of using my left clumsy hand to try and usually fail to do the action.

Fear not I have a solution using AHK... along with other standards lost to the new generation...

https://icuurd12b42.itch.io/tmc-gms-mod

it's free if you choose to.

fireday2

ctrl/shift+ins/del what are you 50? ;)

cftrl+x/c/v is clumsy compared to the old standard. I can literally bash my keyboard with my right hand to copy and paste instead of using my left clumsy hand to try and usually fail to do the action.

Fear not I have a solution using AHK... along with other standards lost to the new generation...

https://icuurd12b42.itch.io/tmc-gms-mod

it's free if you choose to.
It's not cultural.

If u don't use Ins,Del as copy/past, that's doesn't mean that other don't use it or very few of them

I use this because sometimes it saves my time

fireday2

For example - i need fast copy/past some lines
i use home/end+shift and without moving the hand - ctrl/shift+ins

I

icuurd12b42

Yes, what I said implies this standard is getting forgotten. It is not cultural but it is getting forgotten with time. you can use my expansion if you want. I have it running in my startup so I dont really care if yoyo implements it now...

D

DukeMeister

+1 for the OP's suggestion.

If the editor had all the Visual Studio shortcuts I'd be happy :)

At least they just got rid of End-End going to end of file and Home-Home to start of file.. progress.

fireday2

Thx you!
I tried it in 2.2.2.413
Oh! my desire is coming to live! it's like a dream!

Last edited:

Snocrash

Is it just me, or did they fix it in 2019, only to now have partially broken it again... With Shift-Delete no longer "cutting", its driving me nutz.