Windows Don't Stand Here

G

gn.fur

Don't stand here

TDS

Welcome to Heaven!
We had noticed, how hard you used to work in the past. So now we're gifting you eternal happiness! There is no place for suffer and fear, just collect coins and live happily.
But there is one rule. Never stand on the red tiles. It is in sake of safety of you and others.
And remember: we care about you.

Game was made in three weeks for The Most Adequate Games Of Hellroom.

Graphics by Novagrad.

DOWNLOAD: http://gamejolt.com/games/don-t-stand-here/167568

CONTROLS
WASD - move
LMB - shoot
RMB - pick up
Q - throw weapon
Esc - pause

My Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoXoftGames
My VK: http://vk.com/FoXoft

Stolen Used music:
Battle Bears -1 OST - Alert All Battle Bears!
Kevin MacLeod - Side Path
Kevin MacLeod - Thunderbird

Thanks to Taburetka for help with English localisation. ;3

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gn.fur

Little update:
- Boosted performance.
- Added check for shader support.

Also it would be nice if you'll let me know if there's any mistakes in game's text. ;3

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I can't get this to run, for some reason. The game seems to load, and then there's a brief flash before it shuts down without any error messages. What version of GM does it use? And does it use any DLLs, or other extensions?

I'm running Windows 10, with an Nvidia GForce 720 graphics card.

G

gn.fur

I can't get this to run, for some reason. The game seems to load, and then there's a brief flash before it shuts down without any error messages. What version of GM does it use? And does it use any DLLs, or other extensions?

I'm running Windows 10, with an Nvidia GForce 720 graphics card.
It's last version of GMS, without any extensions or dlls.
Try to launch russian version. Does it crashes too?

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
My mistake, sorry. My malware protection was flagging it, and I didn't see the message. Not sure why this particular game was flagged. I play GM games from this forum (and from gamejolt) all the time, and I don't have a problem.

I've tried both the -en and -ru versions. They both run fine, but the instructions are in Russian each time. But I used the instructions you provide in the post, so I was able to move my character around the playing field.

At first, I was confused and couldn't do anything. Then I realized I had to click through the text at the bottom before the game would start. After that, I was able to move around and collect coins with the right-mouse. But that's all I was able to do. Left-mouse didn't shoot, and Q didn't throw anything. So I guess I'm still doing something wrong.

Nevertheless, the game has a pleasant look to it. I like the little bug creatures moving around. The color choice and animation is nicely done. And the shadows give a good effect too, so the game has some visual depth.

And of course music is beautiful (even if it has been over-used).

Can't say much else, without understanding how to play it. Perhaps you could give more description about the object, and give me some playing tips.

G

gn.fur

Um, English version is in Russian? ._.
I need to check this. If so, I'll reupload it in a moment.
So, game tells you to avoid red tiles in any case. You should stay on these tiles as long as possible. : - D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gn.fur

Damn, I honestly don't know how I compiled english version with russian language. ._.
Anyways, it's all fixed now.