Don't know what this is going to be. But enjoying the journey

S

Sudo_Radish

Don't know what this is turning into at the moment. Just working off a GB green screen, 4 shade colour palate and the idea of viruses in a computer.

Everything is still very early. I am mainly testing animations and sizes. The current screen is a 320x320 that I scaled by 2. Each sprite and tileset is 32x32 with a tiled background. Windows game bar kind of added some anti alias to it for some reason because the real images are much more crisp.

S

Sudo_Radish

Experimented with a sliding floor pitfall sprite.

The above is a first attempt. Thought it looked alright and still used the 4 shade green palate.

But it didn't seem to flow right. I liked the way the outline worked. I liked the way it slid down. But it didn't feel right somehow.

Enter Mk 2.

Now it looks like a bit of depth is been achieved. The floor panel now looks like it drops down a little before been slid away.

Still no idea what the game is going to end up as. Just having fun with sprites.

B

Blackened

Perhaps you could illuminate the micostrip on the substrate surface to enhance the notion of "activation". Electric current. That would look awesome. Mk 2 is the way to go. Looking good.

S

Sudo_Radish

Perhaps you could illuminate the micostrip on the substrate surface to enhance the notion of "activation". Electric current. That would look awesome. Mk 2 is the way to go. Looking good.
A bit like this?

Added some little sparks on the circuit board and chip. Then tried to create a diffused light in the bottom layer. To make it look like there is life down there but not good life.

S

Sudo_Radish

Minor update to the sliding floor sprite. Now included a floor the appears with a beam emitter. I have not worked out the sprite for the beam as yet. But I intend to use it to trap players in a smaller space. Thus making it harder for them to get around and fight enemies for a brief time.

Also thought of a name.

Virus.