• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion Donald Trump (lol)

Roa

I suppose you're right -- I am biased. :p I'm biased against Trump because I can't find a single redeeming quality in him. He's egotistical, reckless, dishonest, and lacks the ability to focus on one topic longer than the length of one sentence.

He has no economic policy, other than deporting illegals and starting trade wars. And his strategy for defeating terrorism includes war crimes -- such as killing terrorist's family members. He even threatens to default on mutual defense obligations the US made to NATO partners.

Many of his current policies go against personal beliefs he held as recently as a few years ago.
- He was recently pro-choice, but now says that women should be punished for having abortions, if it becomes illegal (which he claims to want).
- He supported the Iraq invasion, but now lies that he was always against it.
- He supported gun control, but now falsely claims Hillary wants to "take away our guns".

Even the policies that he started the campaigned with, have changed. The "wall", the Muslim "ban", using US troops against ISIS, etc. All changed.

Granted, it's OK to change viewpoints over time as events unfold. But Trump's shifting views are without any reason or explanation. He even lies that he's changed them -- even though he's on record.

So, either he is personally dishonest... or he has the attention span of a goldfish. Maybe both.
Irony

A

Alessio

There is, but unfortunately we'll never reach their state of homogeneity.
I envy them, absolutely.I 'd go living there for a while if i had money.

Unfortunately for you, or any would-be dictators...

The topic is about trump, not gun control... so let's just keep it to that, one big dangerous issue at a time. ;)
Sorry... i was remarking how Trump's political campaign is utterly insane at preposterous points. Really can't stand some politicians proposing rain of guns after the flood of violence this frigging Earth has witnessed this year.

Admittingly, Trump's political campaing is all about... but, in reality, he's caring only to his own agenda and profit... not that other parties are better, though. Can't see anything serious about Hillary and anything good about Trump.
I'm in a country with different problems but have the same hard time to choose an actually serious political party so, i'm kinda getting used, unfortunately.

A

Andy

I don’t feel qualified to responsibly discuss these topics, so I’ve decided to remove my commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roa

I always feel uneasy getting involved with political topics, because I want everyone to be my friend. :p

I think we have been using financial aid as leverage with North Korea.
The US is trying to slow down the growth of North Korea's nuclear capabilities. I think we have been attempting to strike deals forcing them to shut down factories (used in the development of nuclear weapons), for financial assistance.

I don't trust North Korea has been using the aid we provide wisely, or that they have cut back developing nuclear weapons, so I am unsure if we should continue to provide them with money (if we still do).

From what I understand we indirectly funded ISIS.
In 2014 the Iraqi forces we helped create, within Al Anbar and Nineveh, fled from the insurgency. They left US resources, weapons, and vehicles behind. ISIS took the supplies without a fight.

I am not sure if the US should be so involved with world affairs. I have not really decided myself if globalism will bring more peace, or more war. I just feel confused about a lot of things going on in the world. :confused:
North Korea would never get anything off the ground really, not anymore than a few hundred miles anyways. China would kick their ass in so hard. They have been giving them aid and been policing their boarders non stop, returning deserters, and frankly they are kinda sick of them. They cause china a lot of trouble and welfare. And the US has troops stationed in south korea and nuclear subs off the shores. The only reason anyone lets them live is because they have primitive canons lost in the forest aimed at south korea. The second they try anything, their ass is history. What really has people worried is they know their main target will always be south korea, which is pretty much indefensible from attack, and its really close to stop anything in any major time.

Yeah, we did arm them indirectly, but at the same time not really more than they had been previous. They always had weapons. Russia gave them weapons long ago. What happened is that the established police force either turned or duck and ran from the few extremist that were still around and all our arms we gave the local militia fell into ISIS's hands. The problem is, we took their power and nothing ever took the place back over strong enough to establish order. We committed to a stupid war, and didn't even see it through to the rebuilding process for sake of Obanga's election promise of ending war and bringing troops home 2 months before re-election, the very thing that got him the re-election.

Who is more qualified to get the job done then? No one else expends the budget and effort the US does to stop people in other parts of the world from being killed by governments and tyrants. But then again, it helps if we dont become the tyrant half the time.

Roa

O....banga?
XD That's just what all my friends call him, stems from the joke that people blame him for everything and they added an extra twist on the name to make "them" sound even more unintelligent. I do it by habit now- though some could consider it borderline racism, so I probably shouldn't say it like that on second thought. Keep it in my friend circle.

K

Kahvana

I agree. Especially because of the US global influence. Similar xenophobic demagogues are popular in Europe too -- but they have less potential for harm. Britain has Nigel Farage. And there's Le Pen in France, Geert Wilders in Netherlands and Frauke Petry in Germany. Most of them aren't as much a buffoon as Trump, but they share similar scare mongering about immigration. (OK, Wilders is a buffoon.)

And let's face it -- immigration fears are a driving force in politics these days. It's not just terror attacks from radical Islam, it's the fear of losing national identity to immigrants who can't (or won't) assimilate.

Mainstream politicians should take heed of these fears and address them -- better than they're currently doing. Not just tell people to be accepting and not to worry. When citizens feel their fears aren't being addressed, they turn to people like Trump and Wilders.
Totally agree with you about Wilders. Your last comment about people turning to Trump and Wilders is also true, as you can see it back in votes (keep in mind that this is rather old data *from 2012*. PVV is Wilders.)

RujiK

The thoughts of an unhappy voter:

Trump Pro: (Likely) More financial experience than any candidate in the last 50 years. USA's debt could benefit. (Unscrupulous or not, He's a billionaire.)

Hillary Pro: (Likely) More Presidential experience than any candidate in the last 50 years. USA's policies could benefit. (Married to the President for 8 years gives a real inside view)

Cons: ...Would take too long.

T

Tirous

This discussion is pointless.
Those siding with Trump aren't gonna change, nor those with Hillary.
Nothing novel has been put forth, nothing novel has been discussed.
This discussion has brought us to learn nothing, like most on the internet.

Not that i believe this thread was supposed to achieve anything [removed by moderator]

Regardless, i'm done here, good-day lads!
May you all find worth from this worthless thread! :D

*puts on hat and walks away*

Moderator note: let's comment on the candidates, not on each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This discussion is pointless.
Those siding with Trump aren't gonna change, nor those with Hillary.
I haven't seen much attempt to change people's opinion. I don't think that was the intent of the topic.

It's just a place to express one's viewpoint, and read other people's opinion. This topic is pretty tame by most political standards.

EDIT: I removed remarks from some posts, that were about other members. Let's discuss the candidates and politics. Not each other.

Last edited:
O

orange451

Virtually everybody outside of the US against him.
I've was living in China for just over 2 months over the summer.
The Chinese people, at least the numerous ones I talked to, absolutely love Trump.

M

Misty

I don't care about politics, I just hope him as president won't cost the lives of many innocent people. Hillary might be a huge idiot, even dumber then Donald, but at least she SEEMS harmless... She seems more like an empty-shell human that just tries to be popular and adapts to the opinions of others, to get loved more... Seems safer then a greedy war-thirsty manipulator.
Why does everyone have their facts and reasons reversed.

HIllary is the warthirsty blood manipulator.
Trump doesn't want to war he just wants to hide America from the world.

Who does Hillary remind me of? Oh yes, this character.

Killery "Joker" Clinton.

"Bomb them I said, I urged them to bomb" - Killery Joker Clinton
"I have taken off my makeup, now it's time you take off yours" - Killer Joker Clinton.

She even has that same southern drawl to her voice

Last edited: