Does this Game Title work?

M

Morne

What do you read?
What does this remind you of or make you think or feel about the game?
Is it cool / stupid graphics style for Title Text?

S

sumofunk

I think it's hard to read, which immediately makes it awkward or makes it clunky to connect with your game. I first read the ! As an L. Then had to skip a beat to understand it.
I say space your characters more and give it a little backdrop or shadow for contrast. Then it might flow easier to the reader ;)
CHEERS!

M

McWolke

lponcord!

i have no idea.
the "a" at the end looked like a "d" because it was so close to the "!" and then i realized it is an "a".. and the first "!" just does not belong there. that's why i first read it as a small "L".
also i have no idea if that's really a "c" there..
otherwise the textures are great and i think once you know what the name really is (like reading the name in steam first) it won't matter anymore.

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
I read Ipondoral. Is it an animal or a martial art?
(Seriously, I feel stone and fire)

Imo, if you feel you have to ask, you should change it.

D

Dengar

pondora
the exclamation marks make it harder to read and what im thinking is a "d" just looks bad.
honest opinion, it looks to cluttered and the style is hard to read. but if you drop the exclamation marks and get the "d" to stand up then itd probably be alright and readable.

T

Tonydaderp

I agree with most people. Since I am a good artist, I immediately read !Pandora! However, taking a second look at it, it did look a bit meh. The ! at the front makes it feel like a Spanish game, and it might detract some English speaking people. The "D" looked like an "a", so you should change that. Other than that, it looks really badass.

M

Muharif Al Hanif

The first time, I read 'Iponqora!'. When reading the comments, it is '!pondora!' and reminds me of Pandora's box. LOL. It's really cool but quite hard to read. o_O

G

Glockster

I agree with McWolke. The exclamation marks make it confusing, and so does the "d". The d isn't such a problem though, cos it's the style you want. And people will understand quite quickly. But it took me several moments to realise that the first "!" isn't an "i".

K

Kleber Ferreira

About reading, it took me a while to read it. It's !Pondoral!, right?
The exclamation marks made it hard to read, letters A, O and D need better work in them, some people may have a hard time knowing which is which.

The style is cool though. It gives me a volcano epic-fantasy feeling. I look at it and see warriors fighting with swords, in a scenario with a lot of fire.

M

Morne

Thank you all. Jip it is Pandora / Pondora with ! marks on each end...since I wanted to look like Illuminati style.
But this wont work, I just quickly made this from https://cooltext.com/Logo-Design-Sword to test if it can work.

I'm still trying to decide what will make for a cool CCG (card game story and theme)...since fantasy is so over done,
then there is HS. Originally I wanted to go Greek Mythos, and then for a JAM I played with the theme of Illuminati.
No I'm just not sure, still building the engine while I decide.

Otherwise maybe some totally different wacky small CCG game?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
How about steampunk? You could have building machines (=making piles of cards that act as a single playable unit) as a central game mechanic deck buildings revolve around, and you'd be able to have a fresh take on the character design of more or less everything that way since it's as broad as fantasy.

W

Widget

Ipondora - That's how I read it.

The style reminds me of a high fantasy RPG.

It's cool, but everything is bunched up too tightly, maybe space the letters out a bit, same with the dots on the exclamation points (which I didn't know were exclamation points till reading someone else's reply in the thread).