• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

does game maker 8 pro still exist?

T

Tiri'ToathMaker

Hey, I've been working on a game for a couple of years on and off now, and I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling ready to publish, but when I looked into the option to upgrade to GM8 pro it just didn't seem to exist. Is there a way I can still get it legally? And if not, can I transfer my game data to a new platform safely to upgrade to pro?

Thanks!

K

Kuro

GM8 isn't available any more. Plus I'm under the impression from other threads like this that games made with it wouldn't work on modern systems anyway. Gamemaker Studio 2 is the latest version. I don't know whether GM:S2 can import GM8 files, though. Maybe someone else does.

And congrats on getting close to completing your game.

T

Tiri'ToathMaker

GM8 isn't available any more. Plus I'm under the impression from other threads like this that games made with it wouldn't work on modern systems anyway. Gamemaker Studio 2 is the latest version. I don't know whether GM:S2 can import GM8 files, though. Maybe someone else does.

Well that really sucks, but thank you. This happened with GM7 too, I'm just too slow to make things work apparently, if nobody knows about imports on this thread I might try and get in touch with customer service or something. And it's not finished yet, but I am demo ready!

Coded Games

Well you can import GM8 games in 8.1 and then import the 8.1 file into Studio 1.4 and then import the gmx into Studio 2. Although I really don’t know the chance of all of that working properly.

T

Tiri'ToathMaker

Well you can import GM8 games in 8.1 and then import the 8.1 file into Studio 1.4 and then import the gmx into Studio 2. Although I really don’t know the chance of all of that working properly.
Well it's free to download each version, so it's worth a try! Thank you for the info