• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Does anyone recognize these sprites and tiles

ShineBolt

I've tried my hardest to track down the source of these resources. I thought some of them might come from The Game Maker's Apprentice, but I haven't found a link. Anyways I have modified versions of a bunch of the tiles, and made new sprites from the old, so it would be quite a bit of work gone to waste if I cannot can find who made them and/or their usage rights. Please help.
dinoleftCY_0.png levelsign_0.png background1CY.png tilesCY.png

EDIT: Didn't realize these were that old. Although I first learned about Game Maker way back in like 2004,6, or something, I didn't put in the time to learn it like my brother did (regretfully) until much later when I actually found a class in 2012 where I got these sprites. I worked on my little game a bit through my remaining year of HS, but I had other projects and had no chance to work on it through college until now. And while the rest of the game might need to be scrapped, I really want to keep my spiffy animation of the dinosaur disintegrating, and all of the other modifications I made to these images, I don't really have many other sprites I could call (mostly) my own.

Last edited:

Khao

Wow. I recognize that. Those are from some super old Game Maker platformer example. I'm talking Game Maker 6. Definitely remember it, one of the things that helped me learn the program. You would download a folder with several different project files at different completion levels and a .pdf file detailing everything.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Yeah, I remember those too, it's definitely GM6 days. I didn't care about licensing back then so I don't remember the terms for those (there wasn't even a market for indie games those days, and nothing I made was good enough to be sold), but I remember the Asteroids game example used a MIDI of the boss music for Kirby 64 and the FPS example used sprites from Doom. So... you definitely shouldn't use those assets in a commercial game until you figure out the licensing for them.

N

nlolotte

So much nostalgia, it's these sprites that i used to learn how to make platform games!