• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Does anyone know how to change the game file icon.

N

Nindota

I have my game in a .exe format and I have changed the icon, however the new icon will only show when I put the file in a folder and when the file is on the desktop or hotbar it will show the gamemaker icon. Does anyone know how to fix this?

gmx0

I believe there are different sizes of icons, which you have to upload a different icon for each, and you only put the smaller one, most probably. I haven't checked, but that's what I remember.

N

Nindota

I already have uploaded each icon size as well as delete the original icon but that too did not seem to work.

N

Nindota

Nevermind, It finally appeared as I wanted. My computer just required to have a virus scan, 216 viruses, and 4 restarts to start showing up (not an exaggeration).

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Viruses aside, clear your icon cache. As long as a cached version of the icon is available, that will be used instead of whatever you define since icon cache entries are not updated automatically.