Does anyone have Super Mario Kart Adventure (6 levels) or Upgraded Version 1?

M

Misty

I cant find it on google cache, or wayback machine, or google images, or IndieMendable.

Was this game any good or was it awful like Mario Kart by SilentX?
All I would like are some screenshots, or at least a Let's Play of it.

My hypothesis as to why YoYoGames took down the Sandbox was they were afraid all of the bad games would give people a certain impression of Game Maker.

T

Tirous

You could check the archive of the original GMC, maybe someone posted a version of it there in wake of the sandbox shutting down.

Just throwing things to see what sticks, but it couldnt hurt to check.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
My hypothesis as to why YoYoGames took down the Sandbox was they were afraid all of the bad games would give people a certain impression of Game Maker.
That's one of several reasons. The Sandbox also just wasted server space and had security flaws that would endanger the new GMC, not to mention a large amount of the games were made in GM6 and GM7, both having issues running on Windows8 and Windows10. So to TLDR...
  • The games won't run on modern machines.
  • Not a lot of people were downloading them anyway.
  • A lot of the games were contributing to GM's bad reputation.
  • The site itself was a big security problem.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
*cough cough* You got two replies.

If you want a GM Mariokart clone that badly, check out the one DJ Coco did a few months before the old GMC closed. It should still be on his profile.

M

Misty

*cough cough* You got two replies.

If you want a GM Mariokart clone that badly, check out the one DJ Coco did a few months before the old GMC closed. It should still be on his profile.
Already played that one, I want to play the original I never got to.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
That's one of several reasons. The Sandbox also just wasted server space and had security flaws that would endanger the new GMC, not to mention a large amount of the games were made in GM6 and GM7, both having issues running on Windows8 and Windows10. So to TLDR...
  • The games won't run on modern machines.
  • Not a lot of people were downloading them anyway.
  • A lot of the games were contributing to GM's bad reputation.
  • The site itself was a big security problem.
Still upset
They should've just made it non interactive and with a disclaimer.
Just like the old MGC