Distribution Does anyone have a YouTuber contact list for indie developers?

Tyeishing

I know a lot of people get mad at the prospect of using a generic email list, but I already have a list of 200+ people, and email collection directly takes away from the time I can spend working on the game. I've been working really hard on this most recent project and want to give it the best shot in the marketplaces.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
...says the guy with 3 posts, no signature, no branding in the avatar, no social media links, nothing that even remotely hints at you working on a game. Advertisement is a skill, and if you're not actively trying to promote your game through the outlets you have access to (cool screenshots, branding material, press releases, your own website, etc) the only thing that's going to change if you send out a mass e-mail is that more people will ignore you at once.

Tyeishing

...says the guy with 3 posts, no signature, no branding in the avatar, no social media links, nothing that even remotely hints at you working on a game. Advertisement is a skill, and if you're not actively trying to promote your game through the outlets you have access to (cool screenshots, branding material, press releases, your own website, etc) the only thing that's going to change if you send out a mass e-mail is that more people will ignore you at once.
Listen I only post here when I've got a specific question, I keep the marketing side of it separate, where I already do everything you're talking about. I've worked in this field for years and know what I'm doing and don't need to connect myself to some weird insular game developer community for that.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Now, now... this is no way to respond to well-meant advice, especially since you were asking for help with something marketing-related in the first place. There's no way for anyone to know anything you didn't tell them, and I'd say that the points that have been raised are by no means unreasonable given the circumstances. A little bit of kindness, compassion and patience has never hurt anyone. ;)

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I've worked in this field for almost 2 decades (~5 years in industry programming, the rest as pure indie) and expecting people to give up their key account database / suckers lists (depending on your POV) without compensation isn't exactly good business sense. Nor is intentionally giving up a chance to spread your branding. I don't care whether you want to connect to people or not, you're already missing plenty of opportunities to regurgitate your content. This forum is publicly visible, e-mails are not, so it still contributes more to SEO no matter how obscure it is (as long as it's not on a blacklist or prevents web spiders from scraping it)

Advertising is just a thing you do in this field, face it. You behaving suboptimally hurts yourself more than it hurts me.