• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Dock panels seemingly gone. How to fix?

C

Chev

For some reason or other I can no longer access the dock panels in Gamemaker 2. They are just completely gone. I can still access resources with CTRL + T and code, but without the resource tree I cannot drag objects into game rooms. F12 does not work to expand the dock panels either. I tried to reinstall Gamemaker 2, but it did not fix the problem. I'd really appreciate if anyone can provide a solution to this problem so I can start programming again! Thanks in advance.

Other useful information:

IDE version: 2.2.1.375

Runtime version: 2.2.1.291

Visual of problem:
GameMaker Problem.png

chamaeleon

For some reason or other I can no longer access the dock panels in Gamemaker 2. They are just completely gone. I can still access resources with CTRL + T and code, but without the resource tree I cannot drag objects into game rooms. F12 does not work to expand the dock panels either. I tried to reinstall Gamemaker 2, but it did not fix the problem. I'd really appreciate if anyone can provide a solution to this problem so I can start programming again! Thanks in advance.
Does Reset Layout in the Layout menu do anything?

C

Chev

That fixed it. I feel stupid that I didn't notice or try anything with layouts, heh. Thanks for your help!