• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Do you know any game effects software?

A

angira

Hi,
I am developing a game but I have a trouble with game fx such as slash animation, bomb or fire animation but all of them have to be pixel. I used to be use After Effects but it takes my time so I wonder that you have using any software which was developed for game effects :)

rIKmAN

Pixel FX Designer might be what you're looking for, it's available on itch and Steam.

https://codemanu.itch.io/particle-fx-designer
https://store.steampowered.com/app/939360/Pixel_FX_Designer/
I bought the bundle yesterday (PixelFX+JuiceFX+PixaTool) and although I've only played with it for 20mins or so PixelFX and JuiceFX both seem really good and are what I would have recommended as well.

Also @angira - the sale ends in just over 10mins according to itch.io, so might be worth grabbing before the price goes back up (until the next sale) although it's only a $5 saving so might not be an issue.

A

angira

I bought the bundle yesterday (PixelFX+JuiceFX+PixaTool) and although I've only played with it for 20mins or so PixelFX and JuiceFX both seem really good and are what I would have recommended as well.

Also @angira - the sale ends in just over 10mins according to itch.io, so might be worth grabbing before the price goes back up (until the next sale) although it's only a $5 saving so might not be an issue.
I was searching Pixel Fx Designer and I saw that there was another similar softwares and I was confused, so really thank you so much. By the way I just bought it :)

There are getting to be quite a lot of them now that people figured out they can just take a typical FX designer and then make a .gif .png strip export. I've found a few that were made in GameMaker. I can tell from the crash report.