• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Do you know a tool for drawing tiles?

M

MarisFrance

I mean 47-tile based tileset.
It should be comfortable to draw and test tiles (to see if they fit to each other).

D

Deleted member 13992

I second PyxelEdit. It's exactly what you're after.

Start with some videos and some simple tileset to see how its workflow works and how you can tile a "fake" level to see it update as you update the tiles. Before moving onto the 47-tile set.

Rayek

ProMotion NG has a tilemap mode with extensive features. Arguably the "Photoshop" of pixel art editors.
In tile mode draw your graphics (no matter what size) and tile sets are automatically generated. It even optimizes your tilesets for mirrored tiles if need be. Very comfortable editing for any type of pixel art.

Tile map drawing and testing is seamless in ProMotion: draw tiles, see them updated in the tile library.

Tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkyf95y-FOpPzcvhgmooJQ/videos

M

MarisFrance

Thank you!

I'm trying to buy PyxelEdit but there is no such option on the site. How do you got it?

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Thank you!

I'm trying to buy PyxelEdit but there is no such option on the site. How do you got it?
The link you gave has the payment option on it.

Enter your email address and click the "Pay with card" or "Checkout with PayPal" button.

If you can't see them make sure you don't have any browser extensions that could possibly be blocking content on the page.

L

Lithalean

1.) I make templates based on a 128 x 128 scale in Photoshop (128 x 256) (256 x 256) (256 x 512) etc..
2.) I import said template into Affinity Photo (iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil).
3.) I finalize in Photoshop (iMac), and then turn the drawing into a titleset.