• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion Do you guys play Games?

jazzzar

so we all here love to make games,but anyone of you actually plays other big titles on steam or any other market?
if so what types do you prefer and what are you playing these days? :)

S

Shadow Gamer

Planetside 2, Dirty Bomb, Broforce, Hearthstone, Mirrors Edge, League of Legends, Risk of Rain and Kingdom. I used to play ETG and FTL but I got bored of them/finished them.

C

Cosmic Grain

I don't do a ton of Steam gaming, but in general I play a bit of every genre. Also I don't have as much experience with newer titles... Recently I've played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky(one of my all time favorite games), some DOOM wads, and some old shmups(Battle Garegga, Donpachi).

BitZero

I tend to play games more than I make them now, but that's probably because it's summer and I can't be bothered to do stuff. I don't actually play that many indie games, though. As for games I like to play, I don't really have a specific type. It really depends on my mood, but these past few months I've been playing Overwatch (way too much) and Bravely Second (which I finished recently). Also playing through the Uncharted series—gud stuff.

jazzzar

Rainbow6 seige, halo 5 guardians
played rainbow six siege a little bit,didn't like it too much and uninstalled...
I almost exclusively play pixel art roguelites. Nuclear Throne, Gungeon, Steredenn, Risk of Rain, occasionally a bit of Isaac or Spelunky.
Other than that I sometimes touch TF2 or Carball.
i don't really like these games, i like AAA games more :p
Planetside 2, Dirty Bomb, Broforce, Hearthstone, Mirrors Edge, League of Legends, Risk of Rain and Kingdom. I used to play ETG and FTL but I got bored of them/finished them.
nice choice, i play dota 2 instead of LOL
I don't do a ton of Steam gaming, but in general I play a bit of every genre. Also I don't have as much experience with newer titles... Recently I've played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky(one of my all time favorite games), some DOOM wads, and some old shmups(Battle Garegga, Donpachi).
Doom <3 i wish to get it one day
StarCraft II
old but gold mate
Minecraft.
my god mate, this game is insanely fun with friends,not alone
seems like a nice game bro :p
I tend to play games more than I make them now, but that's probably because it's summer and I can't be bothered to do stuff. I don't actually play that many indie games, though. As for games I like to play, I don't really have a specific type. It really depends on my mood, but these past few months I've been playing Overwatch (way too much) and Bravely Second (which I finished recently). Also playing through the Uncharted series—gud stuff.
overwatch seems insanely fun,i like mobas,i may get t one day

So none of you guys play Counter Strike Global Offensive? or GTA 5, SAD :(

G

Guest User

@Forester I believe someone just mentioned CS:GO

Also yes, I agree, Minecraft is like next to no fun without friends. I generally play superservers so that isn't a problem ^^

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
My current game is H1Z1:Just survive.
Games I played last months: Tomb Raider Anniversary, Sir you're being hunted, Far Cry 3, Project Zomboid, Left 4 Dead and Minecraft.
My next game will be No man's sky, Axiom verge and Alien:Isolation.

M

MikeDark_x

Hmm... I have been playing Digital Devil Saga... Raidou... SMT Nocturne... Yggdra Union... I think I have been a huge atlus fanboy...

G

GhostlyFeline

When I have time, or when hanging out with friends, I play a bit of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I also play a lot of the Touhou Project games. Other than that, mainly indie 2D platformers like Freedom Planet and They Bleed Pixels. I don't play a lot of modern AAA games, mainly because my gaming devices consist of a Wii U and a 2010 Macbook running Windows 7.

L

Losha

Play a fair few games, but usually am to busy working on my own projects to play many games. Fighting game fan, so mostly Street Fighter 5 these days, but a fan of the Souls series and play oldies on the N64/SNES/etc pretty often

Fern

I play a ton of games. Overwatch, L4D2, Minecraft (with friends of course), GTA V, and pretty much everything else.

jazzzar

@Forester I believe someone just mentioned CS:GO

Also yes, I agree, Minecraft is like next to no fun without friends. I generally play superservers so that isn't a problem ^^
I'd be happy to find someone who plays cs go here :p , and yep minecraft is nothing for me without friends ;)
My current game is H1Z1:Just survive.
Games I played last months: Tomb Raider Anniversary, Sir you're being hunted, Far Cry 3, Project Zomboid, Left 4 Dead and Minecraft.
My next game will be No man's sky, Axiom verge and Alien:Isolation.
I finished tomb raider(2013) a few days ago actually, a really cool game, i will get rise of the tomb raider i think, been playing far cry 3 alot this days, i have far cry 4 too actually , but far cry 3 is actually far better than the 4th in my opinion, no man's sky seems really interesting, and about alien isolation idk i don't like to be scared to death being followed by an alien as i watched the whole gameplay on youtube ;)
When I have time, or when hanging out with friends, I play a bit of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I also play a lot of the Touhou Project games. Other than that, mainly indie 2D platformers like Freedom Planet and They Bleed Pixels. I don't play a lot of modern AAA games, mainly because my gaming devices consist of a Wii U and a 2010 Macbook running Windows 7.
Nice, i love playing with friends, and sorry for your macbook thingy :p maybe get a gaming pc? It's not that much this days, 1000$ can get you something really good
Play a fair few games, but usually am to busy working on my own projects to play many games. Fighting game fan, so mostly Street Fighter 5 these days, but a fan of the Souls series and play oldies on the N64/SNES/etc pretty often
I like how you keep focusing on your project, i'm making an android game atm, but i play games more than i spend time making them :p
I play a ton of games. Overwatch, L4D2, Minecraft (with friends of course), GTA V, and pretty much everything else.
Nice GTA 5? Bother giving your social club id do i can add you? :p

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I'm not much of a gamer. Although I play a fair number of GMC games so I can review them. Other than that, I only play online casual games (Flash and HTML5).

Mostly, I'm looking for interesting effects, like striking visuals or clever physics. I like to try re-creating them in GML.

jazzzar

I'm not much of a gamer. Although I play a fair number of GMC games so I can review them.

Other than that, I only play online casual games (Flash and HTML5). Mostly, I'm looking for interesting effects, like striking visuals or clever physics. I like to try re-creating them in GML.
nice thing you do there

Fern

jazzzar, not really one to connect too much with people I don't know. Sorry. :p My circle has grown a bit more than I meant it to as it is.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
Quite a lot. It comes and goes in phases. One moment I might play a lot of Sid meiers Civilization and the next I'm knee deep in Skyrim for a few weeks.

Currently I'm playing an absurd level of Prison architect and Kerbal space program.
However currently I'm playing an addicting level of 80 days which was prompted by me reading Jules Verne Around the world in 80 days. and absolutely loving it.

In general I like management games, strategy, certain sandbox games and adventure games. I'm pretty much an omnivore when it comes to games as long as it either tickles my story bone or challenges my mind.

jazzzar

Quite a lot. It comes and goes in phases. One moment I might play a lot of Sid meiers Civilization and the next I'm knee deep in Skyrim for a few weeks.

Currently I'm playing an absurd level of Prison architect and Kerbal space program.
However currently I'm playing an addicting level of 80 days which was prompted by me reading Jules Verne Around the world in 80 days. and absolutely loving it.

In general I like management games, strategy, certain sandbox games and adventure games. I'm pretty much an omnivore when it comes to games as long as it either tickles my story bone or challenges my mind.
nice choice of games, i like strategy games too, ones like Command and conquer red alert and generals, damn generals is love man,we actually still play it (me and friends) and i addore puzzles (i'm making a puzzle game too)

G

GhostlyFeline

Nice, i love playing with friends, and sorry for your macbook thingy :p maybe get a gaming pc? It's not that much this days, 1000$ can get you something really good
$1000 is still a lot of money for an unemployed recent college graduate. I make do with what I have, and it's working fine for me so far. That said, it'd be nice to have a beefier PC, or even a PS4.

jazzzar

$1000 is still a lot of money for an unemployed recent college graduate. I make do with what I have, and it's working fine for me so far. That said, it'd be nice to have a beefier PC, or even a PS4.
Ahh i hope you make some money and get anything nice :p

M

metateen

Only game I play is my life. I just beat the last chapter: Make 80 Pokemon Go memes, was short but hey.

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
I've been playing a lot of Civ 3. I tried to get into 5, but the games last so long I'd get super bored halfway through.

I also play Minecraft a bunch. I actually don't mind playing on my own. It's sort of fun to build things. I usually do play on servers though (though never the huge ones).

jazzzar

I've been playing a lot of Civ 3. I tried to get into 5, but the games last so long I'd get super bored halfway through.

I also play Minecraft a bunch. I actually don't mind playing on my own. It's sort of fun to build things. I usually do play on servers though (though never the huge ones).
If you're creative enough to build something cool(im not :p)

A

Argonaut14

Planetbase has kept me hooked for a little while, but I hit the ceiling quite quickly and got bored, which is a shame.

J

jackhigh24

i tend to have alittle play of new stuff as it comes out but just feels crap like its been made to take your money, so i always end up back on the original thief series and the original battlefronts and old Vietnam and 1942 if i could get them to work on this setup

FredFredrickson

Artist, designer, & developer
GMC Elder
I've been playing a lot of Overwatch lately. Pocket Card Jockey too, for bathroom breaks. :cool:

I've put in a ton of time with TF2 as well, and have been working on my Xbox library. Gotta get that Gamerscore up!

A

AlphaChannel

Stardew's addicting as hell. I've been playing for a couple months now, a few hours here and there. I'm not very good, though.
It's surprisingly fulfilling and calming, isn't it?

i just don't like this kind of games :p
Maybe you'll like one of the following?
Other games I've been playing recently -

-DIRT 3 (Rally car Racing)
-Papers Please (A masterpeice IMO)
-Cook Serve Delicious (I believe made with GM)
-FTL (Many hours sucked into this one)
-Distant Worlds (Deep, a little bit too much to take in, but awesome nonetheless)
-Kerbal Space Program (Possibly my all time favorite)

jazzzar

Never played one of this listed too :p ,don't like cars and racing, cook serve delicious is made with game maker yeah, but never played it :p

K12gamer

I mainly just play Fan Made games (A lot from GameJolt...made with Gamemaker + other Programs)...
This helps me see the awesome things you dudes can do...
...and helps me understand the tremendous skill / knowledge base I still have to learn.

MaGicBush

I play a lot of grand strategy games anymore(Paradox games like Europa and Hearts of Iron), and I play some old FPS games on occasions when I drink lol.

jazzzar

I like to play indie games, but when I'm finished playing them I usually just play Insurgency (which technically is an indie game).
i always see this game but never tried it,is it actually good?
I mainly just play Fan Made games (A lot from GameJolt...made with Gamemaker + other Programs)...
This helps me see the awesome things you dudes can do...
...and helps me understand the tremendous skill / knowledge base I still have to learn.
yeah there's always something new to learn, ALWAYS;
I play a lot of grand strategy games anymore(Paradox games like Europa and Hearts of Iron), and I play some old FPS games on occasions when I drink lol.
i love strategy man <3

Coded Games

Games I'm currently playing: Rocket League, Overwatch, just finished Uncharted 4, and occasionally play Hearthstone and League of Legends.

jazzzar

Games I'm currently playing: Rocket League, Overwatch, just finished Uncharted 4, and occasionally play Hearthstone and League of Legends.
OMG uncharted 4 is the best thing i've ever seen , too sad it's only PS4 exclusive , i don't like consoles , i like mobile mobas , i have dota 2 but don't play it that much , i play vain glory (ios and android) so overwatch seems fun for me as i like FPS so what if it's combined with moba elements *-* , rocket league seems fun , but i don't like sports games haha , even if it's new and original, don't like games like hearthstone..

T

Tselmek

I tend to play whatever my wallet and my computer/craptop can handle, most games I've got come from bundles. I play Castle Crashers or Minecraft to kill time with friends but when I'm not playing with friends, I like me some Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Hexagon or whatever I can find in my Steam library.