• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Do I Switch to GM2?

Schwee

Still in the early phase of my game. There is a good amount of player code and a bunch of objects in place ranging from enemies to controllers and blah blah. Still a ton of work left to do on just about every front, but I am wondering if I should make this switch now or wait until a full release is out for GM2. The biggest reason I am considering switching is that the room editor is not exactly ideal in GM1 especially with tilesets. Any thoughts?

gnysek

This beta isn't more bugged than any of 1.x releases - so don't wait. The sooner the better in case of new project (even if you spent several days learning new things).

B

Blackened

If you haven't already joined the limited beta trial, I would strongly urge you to do so. There are some radical changes between GMS2 and 1.4x so exploring those changes should be the priority. You will then have a better picture on how you should proceed. Be mindful that the GMS2 Trial version has limited resources/functionality and you cannot import or export. Also, GMS2 Beta can now be purchased without restriction if you do decide that is the route you wish to go in. Personally, I'm really liking GMS2. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

codeque

Definitely upgrade. Both the room editor and tile maps are massively improved in version 2, and it will import your existing project.