• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion Do 2032 Computer batteries recharge?

K12gamer

How long do they typically last? Are there any special brands or versions best for PCs?

What are symptoms this battery needs to be replaced?

Mercerenies

Can you even put those in a computer? That's the battery that's in my remote control key for my car.

And no, I don't believe they're rechargeable. I've typically just replaced the battery when my key gets low.

K12gamer

Can you even put those in a computer? That's the battery that's in my remote control key for my car.

And no, I don't believe they're rechargeable. I've typically just replaced the battery when my key gets low.
I think most PCs have them...They call it the CMOS battery. I though they might stay charged from the PCs power supply.
I had a PC whose date and time became way off...and the bios became screwed up...making my PC fan continuously run really hard.
I think these negative effects were from a dead CMOS battery.

S

Supercoder

You're right, a dead CMOS battery will cause the BIOS to continually lose the date and time, causing issues with the OS and other things. I believe they aren't recharable, as my dad (a computer tech) replaces them rather often in clients computers. Just replace it and reset the date/time settings and anything else that you want changed in the BIOS, and you should be good.