• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

DnD interface

Heathenlamb

First up let me say from the outset, I am NOT a programmer, but a designer/animator by trade so I tend to use half/half DnD and straight code. After an extensive few months of using GMS 2 I have this to say -

I really love GMS 2 overall ... but the DnD GUI is terrible compared to the previous version. The previous version you could easily comment and keep track of everything. The new version just looks like a flow chart mess. The zoom in and out function is kinda pointless because the text becomes unreadable. The old DnD was clean, flowed sooooo much better and was vastly easier to use.

Just my two cents. Love GMS 2 , but the DnD GUI needs a drastic overhaul.

Toque

Never seen the old DnD. I wanted to try the new DND but yeah I didn’t really like it at all. And I came from a visual scripting engine. So I abondoned it and just started with GML.

MeBoingus

Howdy! I've given GMS2 a fairly extensive look-over on a friends setup (I personally still use GMS1 by choice) and I couldn't agree more.

It's been a very long time since I've used DnD, so I may not be the best person to comment on something like this - but I found the new layout + entire DnD system to be generally confusing. If I were a first-time user or even just a newbie to GM and coding in general, I reckon I would have a hard time coming to grips with the DnD system in GMS2.

I agree whole-hearted; improvements can/should be made.