• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

dnd Code error error

T

TreeV2

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object <undefined>:

Variable <unknown_object>.hsp(100003, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_GlobalScript_anims (line 6) - if(!(hsp == 0))
############################################################################################
gml_GlobalScript_anims (line 6)

I get this error when I try to launch my game. Because I couldn't find any 2.3 version tutorial I was going through Slyddar's tutorial. Pls help.

1615668914144.png

T

TreeV2

Slyddar

I get this error when I try to launch my game. Because I couldn't find any 2.3 version tutorial I was going through Slyddar's tutorial.
You don't need a 2.3 version tutorial. It's actually quite simple to make adjustments to old tutorials in order to make them work with 2.3. The first pinned comment in my DnD tutorials give you the instructions on what to do.

This is the pinned comment :
Also note as of August 2020, Gamemaker 2.3 has been released, and has changed the way scripts work. They are now added as functions, and when you create a script you will see a "Declare a New Function" codeblock. The tutorial still works fine, but ensure all code for scripts is added under it's Declare a New Function codeblock, otherwise you will get an error. For more information see this thread - https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/dnd-code-error.78336/post-465045