• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows DMSystem

B

Ben Tibbetts

This is really cool! Great challenge. I got stuck after working through a couple commands, but I'll come back to this later...

P

Paolo Mazzon

"cls" "echo" "dir"
I see you use Windows. Anyway, love the CRT shader, really good looking simulated console window. (inb4 hardcore nitpicking) That said, the sounds are kind of annoying, and the backspace sounds (IMO) shouldn't play when there is nothing else to delete. Also, since this game relies around text input is very important to make sure your text input is flawless, and it's not. The ability to use the arrow keys would be great, home/end (Since you are posting this in a forum full of programmers) keys would be cool, the ability to scroll up a bit, and most common problem among Gamemaker text boxes, the dreaded #. Before you draw text to the screen, use string_replace_all("text", "#", "\#"); to fix that.

Other than that, it's a pretty cool unique game.

doom13

Thanks guys :)

"cls" "echo" "dir"
I see you use Windows.
Try with "ls" and "clear" ;)

Anyway, love the CRT shader, really good looking simulated console window. (inb4 hardcore nitpicking) That said, the sounds are kind of annoying, and the backspace sounds (IMO) shouldn't play when there is nothing else to delete.
When you press a button it plays the sound as if you are phisically pressing the button in the game.

Also, since this game relies around text input is very important to make sure your text input is flawless, and it's not. The ability to use the arrow keys would be great, home/end (Since you are posting this in a forum full of programmers) keys would be cool, the ability to scroll up a bit, and most common problem among Gamemaker text boxes, the dreaded #. Before you draw text to the screen, use string_replace_all("text", "#", "\#"); to fix that.
Thank you for your suggestions, I'll update it asap.

Other than that, it's a pretty cool unique game.
Thanks again :)

doom13

Update v1.4!
  • ported to HTML5
  • text input improvement
  • added "restart" command
  • fixed bug with high resolution
  • fixed bug with the dreaded "#" :)