• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

DLL to replicate zip_unzip on GM8

O

orSQUADstra

I'm using GameMaker 8.0, because I need the open file system. But I'd also need the function from GM:S, which is the zip_unzip, but there is no alternative for that in GM 8.0. So, I'm wondering, does anyone know of a DLL or extension that can provide such functions? I'd really need it, and as fast as possible.

Any help is appreciated! :)

O

orSQUADstra

This is the only live link I've found so far, it's for 5.x but the extension calls should be more or less the same in 8.0.
Thanks! I've been trying to get an idea of how the whole thing works. Even though I kinda failed.
This is my code:
Code:
        zip = GMZ_ZipOpen("C:\Users\havan\AppData\Test.zip","")
        GMZ_FileAdd(zip,"test.ogg","C:\Users\havan\Desktop\startmusic.ogg")
It doesn't do anything. :(
Can you help me?

Anyway, if needed, here's what the used scripts are containing:
Code:
//argument0: file
//argument1: password
//returns: zip index.

return external_call(global.GMZ_zipopen,argument0,argument1)
Code:
//argument0: zip index
//argument1: filename in zip.
//argument2: source filename.

return external_call(global.GMZ_fileadd,argument0,argument1,argument2)

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I think it would be far more convenient to pick a non-sandboxed filesystem extension for GM:S (there's a number of these now, including mine and several smaller free ones) than trying to get 12-year-old DLLs to work.

O

orSQUADstra

I think it would be far more convenient to pick a non-sandboxed filesystem extension for GM:S (there's a number of these now, including mine and several smaller free ones) than trying to get 12-year-old DLLs to work.
But I only have the trial version of GM:S 1.4 and I can't use extensions for it, and I can't afford buying the 1.4 or the 2.0 :(

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
But I only have the trial version of GM:S 1.4 and I can't use extensions for it, and I can't afford buying the 1.4 or the 2.0 :(
If you have a free version of GMS1.4 from before new registrations were disabled, that does support extensions.

O

orSQUADstra

If you have a free version of GMS1.4 from before new registrations were disabled, that does support extensions.
I don't know about when the new registrations were disabled..

And to use extensions I'd need to go to the Marketplace tab in GM:S, right? But before I have to go to Account > login, but it won't let me log in because it says "You do not have any GameMaker: Studio 1.X licences attached to your account"

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I don't know about when the new registrations were disabled..

And to use extensions I'd need to go to the Marketplace tab in GM:S, right? But before I have to go to Account > login, but it won't let me log in because it says "You do not have any GameMaker: Studio 1.X licences attached to your account"
Not necessarily - you can download via marketplace website (or see if the author has them available separately), then right-click on "Extensions" directory in the project, pick "add existing", and point it at the .gmez file.

O

orSQUADstra

Not necessarily - you can download via marketplace website (or see if the author has them available separately), then right-click on "Extensions" directory in the project, pick "add existing", and point it at the .gmez file.
Oh, okay, thanks! I'll give it a try a bit later ^^