SOLVED DLL issues.

Hey!
Alright, so this'll probably end up being a simple issue, but I've hit a dead end, and I'm seriously stumped.

I haven't worked with DLLs and Extensions before.
I'm currently trying to import Dissonance (Discord Rich Presence) into my project for obvious reasons. I've looked at the example project provided in the itch.io and tried to mirror it into my current main project. (P.s. I've also couldn't find Dissonance on the YYG Marketplace)

Though I'm running into an issue where the console just spews out
Code:
LoadLibraryW Y:\Own_Game_23121D79_VM\rousrDissonance.dll failed with error code 126
LoadLibraryW Y:\Own_Game_23121D79_VM\rousrDissonance.dll failed with error code 126
This is only exclusive to my project, as the example project run directly from GM:S 2, runs without issue.
It's 4:14 AM I should be asleep.

Any help would be appreciated!

Alright, I've tested around, and it seems that only exclusive to my project I get assaulted with 126 only when trying to import a function from the DLL.
I tried with the provided example project and a freshly created project to import functions from scratch, even imported the dll from a different directory, it worked in those projects except my main one.
This worries as my project could be partially corrupted or something, is there a way to verify that?

Most likely not related, but recently I have noticed Blank IdReference found - could be that the project is corrupt. spamming in my console time to time as well.

chamaeleon

You could try creating a local package, add all your resources to it, and export the package. Create a new project, import your local package, and see what happens. Maybe it resolves project level issues.

You could try creating a local package, add all your resources to it, and export the package. Create a new project, import your local package, and see what happens. Maybe it resolves project level issues.
I just tried this. Exported the project as a YYZ, Re-imported it, got Blank IdReference found - could be that the project is corrupt., created a new project with it, removed the extension, created it again, 126. Okay, I removed the extension, reimported it a new one from the rousrDissonance example project, and lo and behold, 126 again.
A really good idea, I was sure it would fix it, but to no avail I'm afraid.

@chamaeleon I have to be frank that the tool is quite a hassle to work with atm. It does not want to import any project whatsoever as a source because of the "views" error, and I'm unable to import the extension cause it does not acknowledge the destination project whatsoever.
I really appreciate the input though! I'll see if I can think of any other solutions.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Make sure your .dll is the same bit type as your game (ie.) 64x for 64x, 32x for 32x

as this would also cause the same error message