• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

division large graphics into tiles in background settings

skofrant

I have a question for all,

If I have a texture page set to 4096x4096 and I load a background image with the size of 8192x2024 and split it into small tileset in the background settings, will it fit into this texture page?
about the dimensions 4096x4096? However, do I have to divide the background into, for example, 4 backgrounds of the same size, each 2048x506 each, and set the division into small tiles in the background settings?
My point is that I can fit into the texture page 4096x4096..I have a lot of scenery and I don't know if I should divide the large graphics into small pieces in the background settings or maybe I should divide the large graphics into 4 parts separately and then in the background settings divide them into small tiles.

please explain this well ... thank you

TheouAegis

I don't know for certain, but it's a simple test. Make a tile set that size, put it in your game, add some tiles into the room. Run the room. if the tiles are garbage, then you know the answer is no.

That's a good question, though. One worth testing.