Displaying ads without an internet connection

RyanC

Hi all,

I've recently started monetizing my game using AdMob with the Google Play Services ext from Yoyo Games.
I'll also be using mediation on Admob to include other add networks like AdColony, as this way I can include reward videos even though the ext does not directly support them through Admob.

I'm using a test Ap ID from Google and have already displayed the test interstitial advert successfully.
However it does take a while to load and without an internet connection the user will not see any ads at all.

Does this mean that all the user has to do is disable their internet connection to avoid having to watch the ads?

DukeSoft

Yes. Also they can have adblocking software, adblocking proxies, rooted devices, or firewall apps / rules that disable internet for your application only.

Nothing you can do about it man. Its an ongoing battle and you're just gonna have to take the loss.

RyanC

Yes. Also they can have adblocking software, adblocking proxies, rooted devices, or firewall apps / rules that disable internet for your application only.

Nothing you can do about it man. Its an ongoing battle and you're just gonna have to take the loss.
Oh that's a shame, I'll be integrating AdColony for rewarded videos in a mediation group on AdMob so maybe that will help users see the benefits instead.

Does anyone know if I still need the Yoyo AdColony extension if I'm using a mediation group on AdMob to include AdColony?

KBeeeeR

Does anyone know if I still need the Yoyo AdColony extension if I'm using a mediation group on AdMob to include AdColony?
Did it work with you brother ?
did the mediation AdColony work on AdMob with you ?
I'm trying to add mediation networks on AdMob but nothing is working..

RyanC

Did it work with you brother ?
did the mediation AdColony work on AdMob with you ?
I'm trying to add mediation networks on AdMob but nothing is working..
Hi sorry for late reply,
I couldn't get that to work, and from what I understand it may not be possible. I have now integrated all add networks using Heyzap ext, check it out here: http://heyzap.silengames.com/help_sdk10/
you can even use it for reward videos too!