• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Discord calls (and maybe Skype calls) cause run delays ("setting scheduler resolution to 1")

My projects are small and compile rather fast but if I'm in a discord voice call (and maybe Skype), it causes the compile to hang for about 10 extra seconds and it says "setting scheduler resolution to 1" in the output window. I understand some larger projects take a long time to compile but if they normally take me four seconds to compile, then 10 extra seconds is annoying and it only happens during these certain instances. I'm using the latest version from around June but this has been happening for over a year.

rIKmAN

My projects are small and compile rather fast but if I'm in a discord voice call (and maybe Skype), it causes the compile to hang for about 10 extra seconds and it says "setting scheduler resolution to 1" in the output window. I understand some larger projects take a long time to compile but if they normally take me four seconds to compile, then 10 extra seconds is annoying and it only happens during these certain instances. I'm using the latest version from around June but this has been happening for over a year.
This is the same thing that happens for some users (me included) that use some models of Corsair keyboards - are you using a Corsair keyboard?

If not then report it as a bug, attach your ui.log etc and mention in your report that it's the same "scheduler resolution" message and long delay on compile as the Corsair keyboard issue that they are already aware of but unfortunately haven't been able to fix. It's been happening at least 12mths.

This is the same thing that happens for some users (me included) that use some models of Corsair keyboards - are you using a Corsair keyboard?

If not then report it as a bug, attach your ui.log etc and mention in your report that it's the same "scheduler resolution" message and long delay on compile as the Corsair keyboard issue that they are already aware of but unfortunately haven't been able to fix. It's been happening at least 12mths.
No, I have a logitech keyboard and mouse. The mouse is wireless though. I've switched keyboards but it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it's related to voice/video calls though, at least for me.

rIKmAN

No, I have a logitech keyboard and mouse. The mouse is wireless though. I've switched keyboards but it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure it's related to voice/video calls though, at least for me.
That's good, as it means it isn't just limited to Corsair keyboard users and is more widespread which means more chance of finding a possible cause and fix.

As I said above - report it as a bug with details and ui.log etc and make sure to mention that it is the same issue as the Corsair keyboard tickets they already have logged.
Hopefully they'll be able to narrow it down to a common cause between all of the tickets and finally get a fix for it as it is super annoying.