Nux

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
@Katsaii presents:
Disarm
A Pure GML Spriter Runtime for GameMaker Studio 2.3+

Homepage | Wiki | Installation

License
View the full license here. If you use this tool, please make sure to credit me as "Katsaii" somewhere, e.g. under Special Thanks. Feel free to link to my homepage or Twitter.

Description
The successor to my previous 2D skeletal animation runtime, except aiming to support only Spriter Pro. This version is far more performant, being able to handle around 30 running animations of my character playing simultaneously, without dropping below 60 fps on the VM export.

Features
  • Multiple entities per armature
  • Pivot points
  • Character maps
  • Sprite and point attachments
  • Bone keyframes for translation, scale, rotation, parent, and transparency
  • Attachment keyframes for translation, scale, rotation, parent, transparency, pivot point, frame index, and z-index
  • Animating between keyframes instantly, or by using linear interpolation, quadratic interpolation, or cubic animation
  • Animating the z-order and hierarchy of bones and sprites
  • Combine and layer multiple character maps
  • Modify entity data at runtime
  • Render animations whose sprites span multiple texture pages
  • Blend between multiple animations
  • Bake groups of animations into a sequence of vertex buffers that can be reused later

Gallery

Playing back an animation in GameMaker

1632668305352.png
As seen in Spriter Pro

Last edited:

Nux

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
A tiny patch that fixes a bug with getting bone data: https://github.com/NuxiiGit/disarm/releases/tag/1.0.1

Currently I'm having trouble supporting HTML5, but it is something I would like to figure out in the future. Since the codebase is pretty cursed this will probably end up in a 2.0.0 version of Disarm, carefully written to support HTML5 (instead of trying to fix bugs that can sometimes mysteriously arise between export targets).

Slyddar

Bake groups of animations into a sequence of vertex buffers that can be reused later
G'day! I wanted to thank you for this code, it's really useful and does a very good job of implementing Spriter animations.

Also I wanted to ask about the baking of animations, as there is no documentation on how to implement that. Would it be possible to give more information on how to do that please?