• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Disappearing Sprites

I've had sprites randomly disappear recently in the IDE (resource tree). For example, I'll be working on a sprite in the sprite editor and it just disappears... Then sometimes if I toggle its visibility it will reappear, but mostly not. Its icon cannot been seen in the resource tree at such point either. There is plenty of space on their assigned texture pages when this happens, soooo I don't know.
I should also not that these are large sprites... Some of them are 800x1400 or more. But it hasn't happened with some of my other sprites that are 1920x1080. Strange and very worrisome.

Anybody ever have this happen?

thx

Edit: It turned out that this was happening due to merger layers down rather than merging all of them prior to saves... At least that's what seems like right now and it's working.

Last edited:
I thought I had this solved, but I don't. The pixel sizes of the sprites are not the problem; the problem is file size and perhaps checking or not checking "premultiply alpha" in texture settings in sprite editor. So here are my 2 direct questions:
Is there a file size limit for what GMS2 can handle, or is this just a matter of one's hardware limits?
Is it necessary to check "premultiply alpha" in texture settings if there are any transparent pixels whatsoever in a sprite?

thx