• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Disabling fullscreen and resizing window = white screen

N

NeZvers

I made my camera object based on Pixelated Pope system and I made it so when max resize is set it switches fullscreen on and next resize is smallest again with disabled fullscreen and that's creating white screen for 1-2 seconds.
P.s. maybe someone can explain bonus question - why need empty room for initialization and without it whole room is squashed into viewport?

I

icuurd12b42

toggling between full screen (full GPU mode) and window mode always causes issues... the windowed game needs to process a redraw window message in the core windows api. depending on your PC this message may take a while to get through and you see what is called a dirty window in the meanwhile...

the second question I imagine you are asking is why do I get a tiny window when you forget to setup a view? GM takes the size of the view to calculate the window size... if it can't find anything the window would pop up tiny.

related odd behaviour. all your view port sizes (or room size if not using view... you should always use views btw) must be the same size as the firs initial viewport size... in the first room...

N

NeZvers

@icuurd12b42 for my second question I asked - why camera object need to set everything up in initialization room?
even if I have view_wview and view_hview controlls in step event they get ignored and they are set to room_width & room_height so game is squashed into game window unless I did room_restart or put camera object room before.

Last edited: