• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Disable GamemakerStudio splash screen

M

Mann_mit_Hut

Hey guys,

is there a possibility to disable the "PLAY / MAKE" window that pops up instead of just running GM:S?

Tanks in advance,
Hut

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
is there a possibility to disable the "PLAY / MAKE" window that pops up instead of just running GM:S?
If you're running the Free version, no. But the paid (Studio Professional) version allows you to disable it. Or you can use your own pop-up screen.

Check the Global Game Settings menu, under the Windows tab. You'll see the option there (if you have the Pro version).

M

Mann_mit_Hut

Hey guys,

yes Christian is right, thats the annoying window i mean ;)

Jezla

That's part of the Steam version. It appears to be built in to the application, so there's no way to disable it.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
yes Christian is right, thats the annoying window i mean ;)
Sorry Mann. I saw "splash screen" and answered too quickly.

I've never used the Steam version, so I haven't seen that pop-up screen. But it surprises me you can't disable it in a paid version of Studio.

Jezla

I checked the Steam options and the local files. Usually games that have a launcher have an executable for the base game so you can start it directly. The Steam GM:S just has one application exe in the directories. It probably has something to do with the Workshop, because the Play button goes to your subscribed workshop games.

C

Christian

I checked the Steam options and the local files. Usually games that have a launcher have an executable for the base game so you can start it directly. The Steam GM:S just has one application exe in the directories. It probably has something to do with the Workshop, because the Play button goes to your subscribed workshop games.
I ended up going through my Steam files as well. Even looking for a config file where the value could be toggled. I wasn't able to find anything either.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If you have Pro, create a YoYo Account and register the steam version on the there, you're then able to get the Pro version from us - and it doesn't have this.

(It's due to having Steam Workshop support and only one app launchable from Steam)

41nd

If you have Pro, create a YoYo Account and register the steam version on the there, you're then able to get the Pro version from us - and it doesn't have this.
I'm a Pro user, already linked my Steam on my YYG account. Where exactly can we download the Pro version? I can only see a download button for the free version. Thanks!

M

Mann_mit_Hut

Yes i am a pro user and also linked my account.
I bought the steam version because i like having all in one place and automatic updates and so on. Maybe you could implement an optionbutton for that (sometime...) ;)?

Micah_DS

I'm a Pro user, already linked my Steam on my YYG account. Where exactly can we download the Pro version? I can only see a download button for the free version. Thanks!
Go to the "my licenses" page and look for the unmissable green "Download GameMaker: Studio" button. Even though the link has "/free" at the end of it, it is what you need. Just download it. When you install from that installer, it will allow you to enter in your account info, then it will say it needs to restart. Upon restart, you should see it download some more, then it will open up and you're good to go, able to use whatever you could with the steam version. I literally did it just now and this is how it worked for me. Thanks @Mike, cuz I totally didn't realize I could get the non-Steam version until you mentioned it, and it was very easy too.

Also, no PLAY/MAKE screen. :)

41nd

it will allow you to enter in your account info,
Cool, so enter the YYG account info, right? I'm asking instead of doing it because i'm on a gnu/linux laptop and only tonight will be on my w10 machine.

Micah_DS

Cool, so enter the YYG account info, right? I'm asking instead of doing it because i'm on a gnu/linux laptop and only tonight will be on my w10 machine.
Yeah. Sorry, I should've just said that you enter in the same email and a password that you used for your YYG account.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff

(It's due to having Steam Workshop support and only one app launchable from Steam)
Nowadays Steam supports "launch options", permitting the user to start one of the multiple executables, and displaying a Steam-specific dialog window:
upload_2016-8-29_15-30-41.png
Perhaps this could be made use of sometime (for the next product version, at least)?