• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - Downloading Direct download boom

csanyk

This isn't really a question, but the mandatory tag options don't quite cover what I wanted to say.

Since the Marketplace switched from My Library to direct downloads for purchased apps, I've noticed a spike in downloads. Before the change to direct download, I was getting anywhere from 0-6 downloads/day, most typically 1-2. Since the change, for the last three days I've gotten 18 downloads (all free asset "purchases"). This seems to speak to the soundness of the decision to make the change.

I would still like to see My Library fixed/improved, but in the meantime it's nice to be able to download stuff without having to wait 20 minutes for the list to populate.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I wouldn't draw conclusions yet with all the possible HB noise in your signal. Give GMS a month to cool down to non-surge sales volumes, then compare the figures afterwards with your usual non-surge sales volumes. Apples to apples, oranges to oranges.

csanyk

Right, good point, but this does seem to indicate that there's been pent up demand, and that users have been avoiding downloading their purchases, or avoiding making them entirely, due to the issues with My Library performance with "large" manifests.