HTML5 Dino Dash (Free Language Learning Browser Game)

J

JDedu

Hi all,

I've made a game for practicing Spanish, French, or German vocabulary. The six vocabulary categories that I have are food, animals, shapes, emotions, colors, and transportation. It is completely free, and you can check it out at rexlanguages.com.

I'd love to hear what you think!

Very cute graphics. I played for a little bit, but I don't really know any of those 3 languages, so I was bad at it. :)

I'd probably try to tighten up the feedback loop for learning? So from the start I don't know anything, and I'm just blindly guessing which one is the right one.

I'd either do:
-Have a little display at the start of the level showing the objects and the corresponding word. so the player can briefly familiarize themselves with it. Then the level starts, and they have to 'remember'. (a bit cheap, but would do the trick)

Or:
something like when you pick up the wrong fruit it tells you the name of the object you picked up right away(and then minus points). This way I:
- Learn the name of other objects, while I'm searching for the one I want.
- I don't waste time carrying it all the way to the exit. I can just drop it and go run and pick up another fruit.

Otherwise, really like what you did here! =))

Mert

I liked the concept too. Big respect to educative games.

Also, I think you should lower down the audio a bit, or leave an option to do so. It's too high

J

JDedu

Very cute graphics. I played for a little bit, but I don't really know any of those 3 languages, so I was bad at it. :)

I'd probably try to tighten up the feedback loop for learning? So from the start I don't know anything, and I'm just blindly guessing which one is the right one.

I'd either do:
-Have a little display at the start of the level showing the objects and the corresponding word. so the player can briefly familiarize themselves with it. Then the level starts, and they have to 'remember'. (a bit cheap, but would do the trick)

Or:
something like when you pick up the wrong fruit it tells you the name of the object you picked up right away(and then minus points). This way I:
- Learn the name of other objects, while I'm searching for the one I want.
- I don't waste time carrying it all the way to the exit. I can just drop it and go run and pick up another fruit.

Otherwise, really like what you did here! =))
Thank you for the feedback! I really like the second idea for displaying the name of the incorrect answers. I will definitely try to implement something like that.

J

JDedu

I liked the concept too. Big respect to educative games.

Also, I think you should lower down the audio a bit, or leave an option to do so. It's too high
Thank you! I agree. I will need to fiddle with the audio functions and create a new menu option for adjusting the volume.