• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Different Resolutions?

B

Blueman

So I see that I can toggle fullscreen on and off, but is there any easy way to have multiple different screen resolution options?

For example, if I wanted the player to be able to switch from 1920x1080 to 1280x720

Is this at all possible? Please help.

RangerX

You cannot change the monitor's resolution with GameMaker Studio. You can only scale your game on screen to whatever size you need.

RangerX

This still is a scaling tutorial, the player doesn't change the resolution but the size of the game in his/her screen.
Or maybe the opening question wasn't formed correctly and that's what Blueman wanted. Anyhow, just posted this so futur readers aren't mislead.

B

Blueman

This still is a scaling tutorial, the player doesn't change the resolution but the size of the game in his/her screen.
Or maybe the opening question wasn't formed correctly and that's what Blueman wanted. Anyhow, just posted this so futur readers aren't mislead.
Right, sorry for the confusion. :)