• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Did YoYo Games destroy my account?

R

Ryan.Cooney

I bought the lifetime licence, but Yoyo games will no longer accept my password or email. You cannot get your password changed because the website refuses to recognize my email's existence or when I did receive a change your password email, I needed to be login in order to reset my password!

What is going on?! I feel robbed, and ripped off.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! Sorry to hear you're having this issue, but I wouldn't go to the extremes of thinking that YYG have robbed you or ripped you off until you actually speak to them! You should file a support ticket here: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us and give the email you used when you registered for GameMaker and they'll sort the issue out. They had some account issues earlier this month after upgrading the server and I suspect that this may be related. Note that it may be Monday before you get a reply though as there is noone in the YYG office at the weekend.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I bought the lifetime licence, but Yoyo games will no longer accept my password or email. You cannot get your password changed because the website refuses to recognize my email's existence or when I did receive a change your password email, I needed to be login in order to reset my password!

What is going on?! I feel robbed, and ripped off.
Hello! Sorry to hear you're having this issue, but I wouldn't go to the extremes of thinking that YYG have robbed you or ripped you off until you actually speak to them! You should file a support ticket here: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us and give the email you used when you registered for GameMaker and they'll sort the issue out. They had some account issues earlier this month after upgrading the server and I suspect that this may be related. Note that it may be Monday before you get a reply though as there is noone in the YYG office at the weekend.
Make sure your Email is the same case (upper and lower case) as when you registered your account, as they are now case sensitive, passwords support different characters now so you'll need to reset it, but getting your email case sensitive should let you get the reset email

bacteriaman

The same thing is happening to me. I keep getting "Authentication failed" when attempting to launch my GMS2 client for Windows.

I have my username/password stored in LastPass and confirmed they're both correct. I've always been able to login without fail.

I think Yoyo Games is having server issues. I'm not able log into the website either. I can't click "Submit" and a message in the lower right-hand corner reads, "ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key".

I hope somebody is around this weekend and they're able to fix this immediately. I'm working on a project for a client and am suppose to have an update ready by next week.

UPDATE: I was finally able to log into the application after changing my password via the website.

Last edited: