• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Did anyone ever work out the sprite editor crash?

S

Silversea

This issue is quite random but when it hits it is extremely annoying. I have encountered this issue since starting with Game Maker 7. Sometimes, when I edit a frame in a sprite, and then close the editor, the entire software freezes and the window fades white. The only solution is to open task manager and force close the software. Clicking X does not close it.

This has happened over multiple PCs (although all windows, mind you) and over different software versions of Game Maker (including 7, 8 and Studio). It is still happening to this day with the current version of Studio.

I wish there was an easy way to replicate it but it only happens occasionally. I can't be the only one encountering this bug. It happens to me at least once a month.

S

Silversea

No one else? I've had this happen 8 times in the past hour and it's very frustrating.