• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Developing for Android in GameMaker Studio 1.4

Hi, it's me again!

Today I have been trying to get a program from GameMaker to run on my mother's phone, so I can make an app for her. However, I have been unsuccesful.
I found this tutorial, which seems good: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-
It gives two methods, but I got stuck using both.
One method is using the Android Studio. Using that I couldn't find the support repository, and when I eventually tried to run from GameMaker Studio I got a compile error.
Code:
* What went wrong:
Could not determine java version from '13.0.1'.
The other method is downloading commandline tools, and the required NDK and JDK. I was able to install all of these, but I could only install the latest version of commandline tools, and not an older version. In the version I got, there is no "android.bat".

I recently tried developing for my own phone, but had to give that up because nobody was interested in it anymore and several needed tools were unavailable. I expect there still to be people developing for old versions of Android (4.1 in particular), but I'm not sure whether anyone interested in GameMaker Studio still does. We'll see! Please respond if you do. :)

I just realised that I might be able to combine both approaches by specifying the JDK I installed manually in the GameMaker preferences. The error about Java is now gone!
And actually, it looks like the build was successful! It works, I've got it on the phone now. :)
I will not remove this thread, in case other people also tried to follow that tutorial and get stuck.
My solution was: follow the tutorial using the Android Studio, but download and use in GameMaker the JDK mentioned in the page linked by the tutorial.
Java JDK 1.8 "8u102" (32/64 Bit depends on your OS, but also you do need to be using a fairly recent Android SDK in order for it to support Java JDK 64bit)
Thanks. :)

Mool

Does GMS 1.4 support 64 Bit Android Exports? (Android Settings ->architecture-> Arm64)
If not, then u need to use GMS2 before u relase apps. (just as info)

Reactions: 607

Does GMS 1.4 support 64 Bit Android Exports? (Android Settings ->architecture-> Arm64)
If not, then u need to use GMS2 before u relase apps. (just as info)
I don't think so, but I'm only intending to develop for my mother's phone, and maybe my sister's if possible. :)